Rayon Sports strikes deal with Cogear and MTN
Rayon Sport has struck combined sponsorship deals local Insurance Company COGEAR Ltd and telecommunications giants MTN-Rwanda for a period of one year.
According to the club’s Secretary General Olivier Gakwaya, Cogear Ltd will pump Rwf5m into the team, while MTN will provide avenue for the club to raise its revenue through a special sms arrangement.
According to the terms of the deal, if a Rayon Sport supporter joined Cogear Insurance Company, the club will be getting 12% of the total charge paid.
Meanwhile, the deal with MTN will involve fans sending sms to a specially designated number 4140.
This number will be used to get news about the team, and every sms sent at a cost of Rwf100, Rayon gets 70% and MTN the other 30%.
Rayon Sport is aiming to win back the league title which they last won in 2004. The ‘Blues’ lead the league with 35 points, one better than second-placed Police FC while reigning champions APR are in third position three points off the pace with eight matches remaining.